St Brigid’s GAA / Naomh Bríd operate a ‘one-club’ model, therefore we adhere to and implement all procedures and policies as outlined in the code of behaviour (underage).
A copy of the Code of Behaviour (Underage) can be accessed by clicking the link https://www.gaa.ie/api/pdfs/image/upload/ukepuvlq3qhyie10jfqy.pdf:
Links To Policies:
- Recruitment & Selection of Coaches, Supervisors & Other Volunteers
- Maintaining Good Practice & Behaviour
- Dealing with Alleged Breaches of the Code of Behaviour
- Organising Club Activities for Underage Players
- Dealing with Allegations or Concerns of Abuse
- Tackling Bullying in your club
- Organising Activities & Away Trips (Underage)
- Children’s Officer / Designated Liaison Person
- Club & County Children’s Officer
- Club & County Designated Liaison Person
Working with Underage Children
This Code of Behaviour (Underage) affirms the policy position that all coaches who work with children and young people must:
- Undergo Garda vetting background checks
- Must attend relevant child safeguarding training as approved by our Associations
- Must obtain a minimum coaching qualification
It is a criminal offence, for a person acting on behalf of the GAA, or for the GAA as an Association to permit any person to commence working with children on behalf of the Association without that person first obtaining a vetting disclosure from the National Vetting Bureau in respect of the role for which they have been recruited. It is also a breach of GAA rule if you are working with children or vulnerable adults on behalf of the Association and have not been vetted.
All coaches/volunteers working with children under 18yrs must attend & complete the GAA Safeguarding training course.
Records of all coach/volunteer Vetting lists, Safeguarding lists and Coaching qualification certs are held by the Club. It is the responsibility of each coach/volunteer to ensure that their records for Vetting & Safeguarding are up-to-date.
Minimum Coaching Qualification
The minimum coaching qualification required by the GAA is Foundation level training.